Medical transcription is a fast-growing field that is very popular among home-based workers. As with any other profession, certain requirements must be met in order to secure a job as an MT. requirements include specific skills and abilities, and educational and training requirements.
Many MT’s also make the personal choices to become a certified or registered medical transcription or to establish themselves as home based MT’s. Though being a certified MT is not necessary to obtain a job as a medical transcriptionist. Working as a medical transcription (MT) is very popular for those looking for work flexibility, since much of the work can be conducted from home. If you are interested in becoming a medical transcription, below are the requirement for the job.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES FOR MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION
- Above-average typing skills, writing skills, grammar skills, memory skills and communication skills.
- Basic to above-average knowledge of computers
- Can accurately transcribe information, particularly patient identifying information
- Formal educational requirement to become a medical transcriptionist is a high school diploma.
Medical Transcription Saturday Batch starting from 13th October – Saturday 11 am to 4 pm (Every Saturday class – Total 70 hours)
COURSE: MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION DIVISION:
- THEORETICAL LECTURE
- MODULE 1: INTRODUCTION TO MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTION
- MODULE 2: BODY SYSTEM
- MODULE 3: DRUGS/PHARMACOLOGY
- MODULE 4: PSYCHIATRY
- MODULE 5: IMAGING MODALITIES
- MODULE 6: DIAGNOSTIC LABORATORY
- PRACTICAL/ HANDS-ON TOPICS
- MODULE 7: BASIC RULES ON GRAMMAR
- MODULE 8: WORK TYPES
- MODULE 9: LISTENING COMPREHENSION
- MODULE 10: TYPING SKILLS