This infection control course is going back to the basics of Healthcare practice. The course is focusing on infection, the chain of infection, prevention, and control. The course will give the students confidants in their knowledge and they will be able to put their learning into clinical practice. The Infection control Course is designed to meet the needs of a variety of healthcare professionals such as Nurses, Medical Assistants, Healthcare Students, Pharmacy Technicians or any Practitioner who wishes to improve their clinical skills. Course Objectives: At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Understand his/her role within the scope of practice.
- Understand Infection prevention and control.
- Understand importance of Universal Precautions in preventing and controlling infection.
- Understanding in patient safety in preventing and controlling infection.
- Understand cleaning and disinfection procedure.
- Understand the management of hospital waste.
Course Details INTENDED AUDIENCE: This course is for healthcare professionals who participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies. This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, and intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, paramedics, and others who require this specialized knowledge for their job. LEARN & UNDERSTAND
- Prevention is Key to Success in Hospital Acquired Infections
- Identify Infection Control Programs
- Demonstrate proper use of protective equipment
- Proper Hand washing techniques
- Isolation Precautions and Procedure
- Identify portals of entry infection
- Identify pathogens most common in hospitals
- Chain of infection and mode of transmission
- Standard Precautions
Infection Control – Course Outline
- Major Functions of Infection Control Professional
- Healthcare Associated Infections (HAI’s)
- Classification of HAI’s
- Impact of HAI’s
- The two analogies – ICEBERG and CHAIN analogy
- Preventive strategies
- Elements of CL bundles including the maintenance and care elements
- Elements of the Ventilator bundle
- Historical Perspective
- Sample IC educational activities for HCW’s
- Staffing and Structure of Infection prevention and control
- APIC Competencies
- Surveillance Activities in Infection Control
- Role development of ICP
- Challenges in Infection Control
- Preventing HAI’s and the transmission of Multi-Drug Resistant Organisms
Infection Control course will help you achieve CPD – Continuing Professional Development Points by Dubai Health Authority (Accreditation Number 1060/19)